Film & Digital Restoration
VCE Restoration Services Include:
- Digital Restoration
- Scratch/dirt removal
- Image enhancement
VCE has been a pioneer in the field of motion picture film restoration since 1993
when we made "Trinity and Beyond - the Atomic Bomb Movie" using the oldest and
original tools of the digital restoration trade: Photoshop.
From a photochemical standpoint, Pete Kuran won an Academy Award for the
development of the RCI process. A photochemical process to return the color to
faded color negatives.
Over the last 15 years on the digital side, equipment, computers, programs and
storage have all improved and we have worked with many innovative tools to push
the envelope in restoration.
Currently, our tools of the trade include Nuke, Furnace, Shake, After Effects and yes, Photoshop.
Our restoration credits include:
- Wonders Are Many (2007) (digital restoration)
- Thirteen Days (2000) (producer: atom bomb sequences: vcefilms.com)
- Nixon (1995) (visual effects)
- Trinity and Beyond (1995)
- Atomic Journeys: Welcome to Ground Zero (1999)
- Nukes in Space (1999)
- Atomic Filmmakers: Behind the Scenes (1999)
- Nuclear Rescue 911: Broken Arrows & Incidents (2001)
- Theodora Goes Wild (1936)
Columbia Pictures screwball comedy featuring Irene Dunn and Melvyn Douglas
- Holiday For Lovers (1959)
Sao Paulo, Rio, Lima, Trinidad - all without leaving Hollywood!
Featuring Clifton Webb, Jane Wyman, Jill St. John, Gary Crosby and Carol Lynley